Monday, February 29, 2016

Star Wars Blue and Gold


Colds in California Once Again! Sorry my letter is kind of boring this week. 
Not a lot happened since I was sick.

This week my testimony of "faith leading to action" really increased. We have had a very difficult time getting anyone to let us in to teach them and our finding efforts have not been the most fruitful, but we have continued to have faith that if we do the work that the Lord will provide us with people to teach and invite to come closer to Christ. It was amazing what the Lord put in our path! We did not do anything special, but while we were walking and talking, we met two very nice and potentially interested young ladies, received a referral from one of them,  and then we contacted that referral. On another day met a less-active whom we've not been able to get in with since either of us have been here and ended up hitting it off with, and got invited back for dinner with them next week! The wife said she was also inviting her non-member friend as well! What a blessing that is indeed for us. The Lord really does want us to have success and wants us to be able to see the fruits of our labors. I know it is only a small miracle, but it definitely boosted my faith and my morale. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in His plans for these, His children. 


Looks like Guatemala, but really California!

I got your card this week too. Thank you for that! I couldn't really read what dad wrote besides that he was on a bed. But I appreciate the card and the temple name. We are actually going to the temple on Friday 11 March for the noon session with a convert in our ward who grew up in UT, got baptized and just got sealed to an RM who returned from her mission like a year ago. They are super nice and I am excited for that. 

I have also been able to really feel the Spirit a lot more this week and that has been so great. I studied a lot in Preach My Gospel about developing charity as well as a little bit of the talk "What Lack I Yet" and was strongly impressed to ask the Lord in prayer what I can do to progress, or rather what might be stopping me from progressing, and as He always does, He answered me  with exactly what I need to work on. Now that I have received that new light, just like our investigators, it is up to me to choose whether or not I will live in harmony with this and do the will of the Lord. I think that I will choose the road the Lord has set forth. :)


Having fun at the Cub Scout Blue and Gold night.



I just googled "The Living Christ" and found it. Here's the link if you need it! https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/36035_000_25_livingchrist.pdf

I think this is the one you were talking about!
  

Thanks for your loving encouragement. I needed it. Thanks for all of the love and support you give. I am far from perfect, but I am trying. I love you so very much and miss you a lot too! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment