Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Coolest Experience of My Life!


It was Temple Monday

Those cakes are crazy! (from Roots Tech pictures mom sent).
Are those pictures from Wells (of the flooding)? That is nuts! We've had light rain but not anything major. I don't know if there's anything big coming up soon. I remember that there was a YSA conference at ASU and Vai Sikahema was there with Chad Petersen, Thurl Bayley, Mitt and Anne Romney, Alex Boye and others. It was super cool! I remember learning a lot from it!


Speaking of FH, we had Madison start doing hers so that withing a week or two of getting baptized she will be able to go do baptisms for the dead. She is THE most solid person I have ever taught in my whole life! She's going to be the next Al Fox.


Wow, I have learned three great things this week: 1) I am glad "marriage/relationship counselor" is not in the job description of a missionary, 2) the law of chastity is such a blessing and 3) the Lord really does work through other people to accomplish the things He needs done when He needs them.


An experience with an investigator living with a boyfriend who is cultivating a desire to get baptized realized she needed to get married, separate, or not get baptized. It definitely built my testimony that living the law of chastity, all of the other commandments and having companionship inventory with your spouse or significant other is vital to a healthy and lasting relationship. I'm thankful for the many wonderful examples of couples who, conversely, do apply these things and have amazing and loving relationships that have lasted for decades and will for eternity!


Another investigator, Madison, felt prompted to go to a fireside in Redlands where an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, Elder Dallin H. Oaks, would be. She felt the Spirit so strong as he spoke and she was able to receive a witness that this church is the Lord's and this is His gospel. She said she felt as if there was no one else in the chapel and he was speaking directly to her. He answered all of the questions she had, especially the ones she was hesitant to ask. There was no coincidence that he came and the cards fell the way they did. The Lord knew full well that this Sister needed to hear that. He loves us and wants to help us.

I came to know the Savior more this week as I was reading through Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage. On page 176 it talks about the woman at the well and how the Savior did all the work. He planted a seed in that city and everywhere He went. He was the Master Sower. He then allowed His disciples to come through and harvest them. That really hit me. It is amazing how the Lord prepares people and does so much to help them and then allows His disciples to enjoy the fruits of His labor as they harvest them and bring them into the fold. He does the hard part and allows others to receive the benefit. That showed me of His true selflessness. He really did all for us and yet He wants none of the applause. He literally did everything He did for others. I'm grateful for the work he's done in preparing people to hear the word of the Lord and has then allowed me to enjoy the fruits of His labors as I get to see them enter into a promise to serve Him and keep His commandments for the rest of their life and as He promises to forgive their sins and send the Holy Ghost to them; that is a selfless act on His end that I am so grateful for. Jesus Christ's character is amazing. His infinite atonement changes everything.

This Sunday (2/19) we will be baptizing Andrew and Roman. Next Saturday (2/25) we are baptizing Madison. The following Sunday (3/5) we will be baptizing Danielle! I am so beyond excited! This has been the coolest experience of my life! 

They were cleaning out the old books from the ward library and I scored! I got Doctrinal New Testament Commentary by  Bruce R. McConkie (all 3 volumes) for free! I'm so excited. I'm going to send them home too because I am not really supposed to read them on my mission but will plow through them when I get home!

Love you mucho! You are the best Mom ever! Happy Valentine's Day! 

Love,

Your Elder Jackson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment