Thursday, April 13, 2017

So Long, Jurupa!




We have had so much awesome success in this ward, and I will get to come back for the baptism of Norma A. (the Elders Quorum President's wife's sister) in two weeks. She is super solid and just loves learning! It's unreal being able to work with so many golden people.

I have so thoroughly enjoyed being in the Jurupa ward these past 6 months. It has hands down been the best 6 months of my mission. I will miss the wonderful members, converts and investigators that I worked with while I was here. I am very excited to be working in the Ironwood Samoan ward. That will be a lot of fun and I am excited to eat well and be surrounded by the legendary faith of the Polynesian people. I know it will grow mine!

So I am being transferred back to the Laselle Ward in Moreno Valley (the ward that I was in before coming here to Jurupa, for 4 1/2 months). I will also be covering the Ironwood Samoan ward!

I don't know my address there yet, but I will be at the mission office this Friday for a district leader meeting! You really don't have to send me anything, mom. I already have way too much stuff out here on the mission. But if you do end up sending anything I can pick it up then. Speaking of that too, I really don't need anything for my birthday. I will only have like 3 months left at that point and I already have too many books and things to worry about getting home. Plus, I get to facetime with you and dad just a few days after so that will be a great birthday present! I am excited to see you all again!


Also, Sister Turner's daughter Mallori Mickelson will be going up to Utah in June and she is going to be taking some of my stuff up there as well. I said I didn't know if you'd be there but if not she could probably just drop it off with Stacy for a little while. Just a heads up. You still have Sister Turner's number so don't lose it for that reason!


I get to eat Cafe Rio today! Blessed Sister Williams drove to get it for us today as a going away gift for me! How nice!

I really hope FASFA didn't lose a bunch of our info. That would be the pits!

I really enjoyed learning about the Savior this week in Luke 6:12-13. There it talks about how He went and prayed all night before choosing His apostles. If the Savior needed to spend that much time, sacrificing precious sleep, pleading for His Father in Heaven's guidance, even though He was completely without sin and undoubtedly had incredible amounts of revelation coming to Him, how much greater a need I have to spend time pleading to know the Lord's will in my life. The Savior was so incredibly humble, I need to do the same. I too can do nothing without my Father in Heaven, so why try? I should seek mountains (the temple) and to pray earnestly to God so I can make the best decisions for my life!


We had MLC this week and it was great! I also really really enjoyed getting to go back to Corona for the baptism of Maria S., with whom I worked a year ago! It was such a spiritual experience and I am so happy for her to have taken this step. It was also really cool that her husband was able to do it. I love Corona. I hope I can go back! 




I am so glad that you enjoyed our little music video that we sent you! I thought it was a pretty funny idea but I'm glad it came out as well as it did! Will you save that video so I can see it again when I get home? haha We laughed so hard before and after the filming. I'm glad you had a good birthday and also got my card! I don't really know how to draw Birds of Paradise, but I tried! 

I love you mucho! Have the best week ever! I love you and miss you more than you know!

Love,

Your Elder Jackson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment