Tuesday, July 19, 2016

"Costco-like" Bulk Blessings!

Elder Hale and I are having too much fun and I am loving it so much. We have the best zone in the mission and there are so many miracles happening left and right! The Lord is definitely blessing us for our work and faith. I love this work and I am already getting sad at the thought that one day I won't have the opportunity to wake up and put this tag on. Even though the day-to-day things can seem blazay and not glamorous, it is such a blessing to be out here and I hope I don't take it for granted. There's only 730 days to improve your missionary efforts and each day is a blessing, and the thought that one day that bank of days will run out is sad. Don't get me wrong, I love you and miss you a lot, and I can't wait to be home, but I also want to make every second count that I am out here.

This week was great! We had so many miracles happen to us this week. The Lord's hand was without a doubt showed to us. Elder Hale and I have been working hard and have been praying for success. We know that this area has a lot of potential and that was shown to us this week as all of the blessings for our righteous actions seemed to come in a bulk, Costco-style fashion. We were able to pick up 3 really solid investigators and had an amazing lesson on the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ where the investigator in the end asked, "Do you have a Book of Mormon? I'm really excited to read it!". She also came to the Pioneer Day activity our stake had and loved it. She and the member we asked to come teach with us are getting along fantastically. She is so prepared; easily my favorite lesson I've ever taught on my mission. We also got a call from a member in San Bernardino a few days later who said that her niece had been going to church, loved it, was open to taking the missionary lessons, getting baptized, and wants to one day be married in the temple! She also said that the girl's mom was completely open and supportive of her being baptized! I thought that only happened in the Ensign, but it sounds like it's Moreno Valley's turn to be in a church magazine!  We also had a lesson with another super solid street contact who is so excited to meet with us, and picked up another super excited man last night. The Lord is blessing us in ways we definitely don't deserve, but it has built my testimony that hard work and obedience brings blessings and that we can, if we do our part, baptize in every area, every month due to the Lord's preparing of souls in every corner of every land. I am so grateful for that! 

 A (blurry) Nerf Gun fight on P-Day!




Wow! That sounds like such a great week up at AG (BYU Aspen Grove Family Camp)! I am so happy for you! I bet it was exhausting. That is so sorry to hear about Stevie getting mauled by a pit bull after getting home. I hope he is alright. I am so happy to hear that they all had a great time, especially Jessie and Julie. Jessie is a great kid and I think he will do great things. Did Stevie go mountain biking all by himself at Sundance? How'd he like that? He is looking pretty thin nowadays!

I am glad you were able to talk to Brian. He is such a great kid. I got an email from him. He is so much fun. I think he was just made for AG. I can't wait to see him after my mission. I think you're right though, we are super similar in the fact that we like to smile and be happy, so I'm sure that's why we get along well!

That is great to hear that Dain is home! Tell him I say "Hola! Como esta used? El espanol de Elder Jackson es horrible :) Te amos

Mom & Dad
You are the best! Love you mucho!

Your Elder Jackson​

No comments:

Post a Comment