Friday, July 15, 2016

Pondering the Sacrament

Here are some pics from District meeting (Elder Westenskow is the closest person to Jesus on earth today. I have so much love and respect for that man. I'm sad to see him leave this transfer and I hope I can one day be like him!) and MLC with some of the ZLs and STLs! (Elders Benson, Ferrin, Dyer and Sisters Burris, Visick and Da Silva) Homies!







One of the Zone Leaders here knows Brian Longhurst. His name is Taylor Benson. I'll attach a picture of him at the end so you can show him. Tell him I say hi! I sure do love Aspen Grove. Can we go when I get back? Even though I'm old and don't have kids? :) It's just as good, if not better than Disneyland, in my opinion. 

It's been 1 year since I went through the temple! I can't believe my Garmitzvah anniversary was on the day that I attended my first MLC (Mission Leadership Council), where all of the Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, the APs and President and Sister Mullen come to discuss the mission, the success of each zone, what we need to improve and train our zones on, set goals for things like baptism and people on-date for baptism, as well as receive wonderful spiritual training on the doctrine of Christ. It was so great! I loved it and learned so much.

I'm not going to lie to you, we had a pretty bad week, numbers wise. Elder Hale and I were talking about it and we both agree that it comes from us not planning effectively. I won't sugar coat it, I feel pretty bad about it, and am very committed to making it up this week. We are planning on starting off the week with a lot of seeking with faith, that way we won't be scrambling to at the end of the week, and so right off the bat we will be able to find more new investigators. We also just got a part-member family list from our bishop so we will be working off of that a lot to find those who are searching for truth! I am holding firm to President's promise, and the Lord's promise, that if we find 20 new investigators this month, we will baptize in August. I want that so bad, and I know that it is possible. I feel the Spirit confirm that truth to me as I read it in his emails. I just need to make sure that I work on keeping that in mind at all times so that we remember to not only work hard, but also smart.

I really enjoyed MLC. I think the thing that stood out to me most was talking about the Sacrament. I know that the leaders of the church have really been emphasizing that recently, and to be honest, I've had a hard time knowing what to do to make the Sabbath more meaningful to me even after trying weekly to do so. But this training that we received about the Sacrament really touched me. Remembering the Passover, and the deliverance of the children of Israel from bondage, kept the Jews humble. In linking that to how Christ's atonement and life provide us deliverance from sin and death really hit me. When we partake of the emblems of the sacrament, we are internalizing His sacrifice and allowing His power into our lives. I was baffled! I also loved how the Spirit told me of how simple it is to access the atonement. Just like when we partake of the sacrament, the bread comes to us already broken, blessed and easy-to-access, as well as the water likewise being blessed and put into cups for us; all we have to do is reach out a few inches and partake, so too is the ease of the atonement. Christ already suffered for every sin I have ever committed, every sorrow I have ever felt, and the same is true for every child of the human family, all we have to do is reach out and partake. When we repent and remember His torn and bruised body, and His perfect blood which was shed for us, we will change and become better, and we will have His Spirit to be with us. There is nothing better!

I look forward to reaching out and partaking of the atonement and the sacrament over and over-- always, as the scriptures say. I look forward to becoming better and feeling a growth of the Spirit in my life. I know that this is true. I love the Savior and all that He does for me. 

Elder Hale is so great! We have so much fun! We are planning on matching for our Multi-zone conference tomorrow! Stay tuned for pictures! 

I had a dream that I was home from my mission a few nights ago. It was really strange because I had the distinct thought of, "nothing has changed, why did you ever want to leave your mission?". It really hit me. Obviously I love my mission, but I won't lie and tell you I don't miss home. This dream really comforted me though. Everything is alright! I will be back home and back to life as normal in the blink of an eye, so I will make every second count here! It was a sweet comfort to me. I will keep that in mind.

How is everything for you? How is AG? Having fun? I bet you are? Any cool new additions? I hope Stevie and Dad enjoy Timp!

I love you lots and hope you have a super fun week at Aspen Grove! Stay safe and hydrated! Thank you so much for the package! Tell Turrell and Whitney and Jeremiah Maestrejuan congrats for me!! 

Love,

Your Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment