Wednesday, November 9, 2016

One of the Most Amazing Weeks Ever!




 The ward is really warming up to us! We've had multiple members tell us how much they can feel the Spirit when they are around us and they can tell we are being obedient. We had a whole family tell us they are amazed at how strongly we brought the Spirit into their home and how much they trust us. The First Counselor in the Stake Presidency is in our ward and was so impressed that he pulled our mission president aside and said, "Elders Wood and Jackson are really on fire!" and President Mullen replied, "I know, aren't they great?". I'm not saying this to brag, but I will say, that is probably the best compliment I've ever gotten. It really meant a lot.

We are already decorating for Christmas!
Wow, this week has been one of the most amazing weeks ever! I guess to start off, at the beginning of this transfer Elder Wood and I decided we wanted to stay focused. We decided to focus on working hard, being uncompromisingly obedient and having powerful faith. We both knew that this area could be turned around, and boy, has the Lord blessed us! 

We seem to be getting referrals almost daily now. We continually have had people come up to us and ask about learning more. We've had people just show up to church without even knowing anyone. We've had very spiritually driven finding opportunities and have had some inspiring dinner lessons. Obviously this is not us that is doing this, but is the Spirit. We are just feeling so blessed to have had the Spirit and so many miracles poured out upon us for simply exercising faith and being obedient!


First is an investigator that is going through a divorce. She has a friend who is actually a member from my first area. Her friend told her that this church would bless her life, and she believed. She showed up at church last week. We were able to meet with her and share the message of the Restoration with her. The Spirit felt was incredible. We arranged to have a member give her a ride to stake conference but she came on her own to both the Saturday and Sunday sessions. She took notes, felt the Spirit, shed tears of gratitude for feeling that Spirit as well as the love of the members she met (one of whom took care of her fussy 3 year old boy in the foyer so that she could listen) and was able to meet the whole stake presidency, Elder W. Craig Zwick (a General Authority Seventy who is the uncle of our Stake President, President Jeremy Jergensen, who's parents are the San Diego Temple President and wife and gave me my instruction before receiving my endowment, and who's wife's baby was due on the day of stake conference and still got up and gave a talk! I was amazed! What a trooper!), President, and many other great members. She was like a rock star! She was the VIP of the whole thing! We then had a follow-up lesson and the Spirit was poured out once again. She asked what she needs to do to prepare to be baptized and said that she wants to be anywhere where she can be close to good people, like those in the church, and feel the Spirit. She committed to be baptized on November 27th, read 6 pages a day from the Book of Mormon, and pray to know if the individual things we have shared are true. The member who came with us was left speechless after the lesson. She is easily one of the most prepared people I've ever met. It is such a faith-building experience to teach the elect!

I loved Stake conference. It was quite possibly one of the most powerful ones that I've ever been at. I don't think I've ever felt the Spirit that intensely for such a sustained amount of time. I really came to know the Savior more by seeing the transforming effect He has on the Saints. I was amazed to see and feel the purity, power and love that came from not only those that spoke, but also the congregation. So many wonderful people who are doing their best to follow the Savior and be transformed by His Atonement is an amazingly tender thing to experience. I realized that, even though it is not my current priority, I want nothing more than to have a strong and active faithful family who makes and keeps covenants with the Lord, as I saw so wonderfully displayed by countless members and leaders at this conference. Nothing seems more important, save following the Savior, of course. 

I am so incredibly grateful for my wonderful companion and all the countless blessings that the Lord has smothered us in, especially this week. I must say, I don't think I have ever been as joyful as I was this weekend. I felt like Alma when he was overcome with joy! I just couldn't handle how much pure joy and happiness I was experiencing! It was incredible! That is what a mission is all about. I'm so glad I served.

We also saw Brother Bemis at Conference! I love that man!

We did bobbing for apples on Halloween! I'd send the video, but it's not uploading. Today we played Ultimate Frisbee! 

That letter from Dad is so cool! I'm so glad you found that! I want to see all of his old mission stuff when I get back. We had dinner with a family last night where the husband and wife met in Brazil on their missions while he too was serving as an Assistant! I told them all that I knew about dad's mission! He must have been an amazing missionary!

 I'm still trying to decide on the whole coming home early thing. I'm so indecisive. I've never felt so stumped! Nothing seems like the right answer :/

I love you so so much! I'm so blessed to have you! Have the best week!

Love,

Your Elder Jackson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment