Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Tons of Miracles


That is so great that Jessie is really tearing it up on the football field! I'm glad there is someone (his coach, it sounds like) who is really taking the time to see his potential and trying to help him achieve it. I hope he keeps it up. Same with Julie! As far as the missionaries go, they are correct. We really aren't supposed to go to those (football games). I think the only exception is if they are non-members. It's probably more up to the mission president. Ours is pretty strict, so I don't think he'd allow it at all, unless we took time out of our Pday to do it. How is your and dad's missionary efforts going? I loved Elders Anderson's and Oak's talks on missionary work (in this past G.C.) and how easy it is for each of us to do some where ever we are in the world. "The Lord is hastening His work. The question is, are we coming with it?" -President Mullen. We need to help put the other puzzle pieces into place that the Lord has in our path, otherwise we will be making more work for others. Sharing the gospel is a privilege and a blessing! I know you and dad can bring someone into the Gospel. Is there anything you'd like help with in sharing the gospel? 

(Elder Jackson didn't send any pictures this week so I am going to post some pictures ward members have texted to me when they had him over for dinner at various times)
Hi Mom. I'm growing in more ways than one :)
Love you mucho!

That is great! Keep feasting on the scriptures! That brings the Spirit into our lives so we can receive tailor-fit revelation, just for us, along with needed strength to overcome obstacles and trials. I know it's a lot easier to do that on a mission, but it really is so important to do always. We have to have that personal relationship with God if we want to receive His image in our countenances and be like Him when we stand before Him. That's the purpose of life! I'm proud of you for making that effort! I know you'll see the blessings from it as you do!

So I have been thinking and praying a lot about whether I should come home a transfer early or stay out. It has been really weird. I seem to get a spiritual impression one way on one day, and an opposing one the next. I talked to Elder Wood about it and he says maybe the Lord doesn't really care which I do; they are both good. I'm still torn: everything logically tells me that going home 6 weeks early would be the right thing to do (I could spend a little time with the family, get school in order, etc.), but I also don't want miss out on some amazing experiences that may come during that last month and a half of my mission. Elder Wood also pointed out that maybe in that 6 months of coming home early, I might just happen to meet someone who will end up being my wife one day! Who knows. So if it is that the Lord doesn't really mind either way, I think I will end up coming home a transfer early so I can spend time with you and dad and get everything ready for school! I promise that I will stay in close contact with you both though when I get home. 
I love you two too much not to :)

Sept 2016, We enjoyed having your son for dinner, he's doing
a great job!
This week we saw a ton of miracles. It was amazing. Here in the Jurupa Ward, the fire for missionary work and the confidence from the members in us as missionaries has not been the highest. Starting this transfer, Elder Wood and I both felt confident that we could easily have a baptism this transfer through our faith and diligence, and building up the ward's trust in the missionaries. We decided to focus solely on the work. We decided strict and exact obedience, hard work and powerful faith were what was needed. We also decided to stop by members of the ward council here in our ward to see what they'd like to see improve and what their vision is for this ward. Doing so showed us how much the leaders of the ward (and even the stake) want to see success. We expressed our desire to work hard and be obedient and that really seemed, in and of itself, to build their confidence in us. We are now setting things up- alongside the bishop, a member of the stake presidency in our ward, and the auxiliary leaders- to help get the fire back in our ward. Seeing the success Elder Wood had with it in Hemet makes me so excited to see what happens here!
May 2016 You have a good son, thanks for sharing him with us.
But building the ward's trust in us was not the miracle; it was seeing the progress that has come in the work here! As mentioned earlier, we are both committed to powerful faith and uncompromising obedience, and that allowed the Lord to bless us with these miracles. The first was at Trunk-or-Treat we had the husband of an inactive member come up to us and express his desire for us to come by and teach him. He said he's "been waiting for [us] to come by" and he came church! He's still just as excited. We also had another lady show up to church all on her own with her young son. She said she loved it! We also saw a lot of success in our street contacting. We were able to find a few fairly solid investigators as we were finding as we did so with powerful faith. The Lord's hand is definitely here in Jurupa! Now we just need to continue doing this and building the area, but I know we can!
Hi Mom, I love you. Jan 2016
As far as Christmas list stuff, I can't really think of anything too major. There's a lot of good Christian Country music I love and my new favorite Christian bands are Hillsong United and Love & the Outcome. They have some awesome music. I always love pictures and artwork (Walter Rane is my favorite painter). I am really ok with anything. The real question is, what should I get you and dad and everyone else?? Any thoughts? I'm so dreadfully awful at gifts. I need your expertise! haha

I will try and see if we can end up calling early on Christmas! I love you so so much and miss you bunches! I have your engagement photo with dad pinned up on my corkboard! I love that picture! 

L O V E  Y O U !

Your Elder Jackson :)

Look who came to dinner! We love Elder Jackson.





No comments:

Post a Comment