Thursday, September 8, 2016

Loving Moreno Valley!

 This week has been a lot of fun. We had a guy we were street contacting the other day who looked like a more-hippy version of Doc from Back to the Future tell us all about his "miracle oil" he made that heals everything. He gave us some and then told us the secret ingredient was marijuana. No wonder he feels so great from it! So I can now say I've gotten weed on my mission. Moreno Valley is not at all like anywhere I've ever lived, but I sure do love it.

I heard a quote this week, and I loved it: "If you want to know how far the love will go-- just how deep; just how wide; if you want to know how much you mean to me look at my hands, look at my side. If you count the times I say, 'You are forgiven, it's more than the drops in the ocean'". It really touched me how personal the Atonement was and how infinite it truly is.


This week was great. We weren't able to pick up as many new investigators as I or Elder Gulbranson would've liked, and in general our "pipeline" of always finding new investigators while teaching concurrently the elect has not been established in a manner we feel is adequate.  The studying we've been doing in PMG chp. 9 on finding has really helped us get more excitement to find in a more faith-filled and effective manner. We are going to implement it more and make sure that we don't just teach repentance and baptize converts, but that we also are finding constantly. I have really come to enjoy finding. It is amazing to be able to share your testimony and portions of the restored gospel with strangers whom the Lord has put in our path and to see how many really are prepared for the gospel. I'm grateful to have the atonement to make it possible to change everyday and receive strength to overcome. 


We will have a baptism this week for Uhila and Rayli next week. They are both progressing remarkably well. Hila is being baptized Saturday at 10 by his future father-in-law and I couldn't be more excited. I love him so much. He is such a great guy and can't wait to see where he goes in life! Rayli is just as great. She is loving everything and is soooo spiritually in-tune. She is really teaching us. She too is going to go so far. We've been so blessed. Crystel is doing well, but has had some doubts and we are helping her resolve those with reading and prayer. 


You should look up these albums I am sending you a picture of. It is so good, and I think you'd like her voice. It's very rich sounding. The other one is just a ton of great voices. I loved the albums you sent me! Thank you!​
Sister Da Silva, who is good buds with my buds from ASU, is going home next week.
Hey mom! I enjoy the email via pictures. I think my favorite will forever be the "Dad Pose". Somethings never change :) Sorry to hear about the mice in the van though. That sounds like a pain. Expensive?

I am thinking about sending a package home of stuff that I don't need or have space for, and also of sending a copy of all my pictures thus far on my mission home as well. What do you think of that?
So I think I may have grown an inch or two out here. My pants are kind of short and I've had to buy new shoes because they are small. I have some brown dress shoes that I think I left at Inglehart that are Johnston & Murphy. I was wondering if you could possibly send those to me because I think they may still fit. 

Love you so so much! You are the best and I am so grateful for you and the wonderful mom you are!

Love,

Your Elder Jackson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment