Tuesday, October 25, 2016

This Week Was the Bomb!



One thing that I really learned this week was to be grateful. The Lord has truly blessed us with so much, and how often do we remember to thank Him? A talk was given last week in Sacrament meeting about gratitude and one point that was emphasized is how we often pray for safety as we travel or a blessing on the food, but how often are we like the 1 leper who returned and thanked the Lord for that, verses the 9 who did not. It was a cool experience to take time each night and say a prayer to my Father in Heaven, thanking Him for all of the blessings in my life- big and small. He really does shower us all with blessings, and taking time to notice them makes us happier and more fulfilled people. 



I got transferred! I'm no longer in Moreno Valley, but back in the Jurupa Stake (the stake where I started my mission) in the Jurupa Ward! I'm now at the top of the stake, whereas before I was at the bottom. I'm with Elder Wood from Oklahoma. He came out the same time I did. I'm super excited to be here! Our zone is much smaller than MoVal's (5 companionships verses 10) so that'll be so nice! I love this stake, so I couldn't be happier! I was here last year for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I'll almost certainly do that again here this year.


I'm very excited to be in Jurupa with Elder Wood. I think that we will be able to get a lot of great work done here and get this area back up on it's feet. We will exercise faith and be very diligent in our work so that the Lord can trust us to teach and baptize His prepared sons and daughters.

​Thank you so much for the box! I really appreciate it. I also appreciate all the pics, ties, aveda stuff and FH stuff. I love getting packages and mail and especially stuff that I can use like that. Thank you! Is there anything from Cali that you'd like me to send  you? I'm super bad at gift ideas.. haha

We got to buff a B-29 at the air museum this week! That's the same plane that dropped the atomic bombs in WWII. It was such a cool experience! We got to climb up into the bomb bays too!
                                       




   
This past week has been pretty good, in Lasselle. We really pushed to add as much faith in to everything that we did as possible, and it really seemed to make a difference. Even though I am leaving the area, I am confident that it will do well and I think that we left on a high note so that Elders Gulbranson and Williams will be able to have a lot of good success.






I talked with President Mullen this week about the whole school situation. He said that the only two options are for me to go home August 15th and have that super tight schedule, or be released a transfer (6 weeks) early and go home sometime in the beginning of July. He said it's up to me and he's fine with getting the permission from SL, but he needs to know pretty far in advance so he can get the application process done in time, if I do choose to go home early. I'm really torn because I don't want to go home early, but on all logistical fronts it seems like it'd be better. I've prayed about it and really don't feel a lot of listing feelings one way or another. I wanted to get your and dad's opinions on it. What do you think would be best?

Love,

Your Elder Jackson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment