Thursday, March 2, 2017

Another Simply Awesome Week!



This week was simply awesome! We had Madison get baptized and confirmed and Roman get confirmed as well!

 Sister Madison A. was baptized! It was the best service of my life. She is hands down the most prepared person ever! Tons of people came to show their support for her, including her non-member mother and father. They were deeply touched by the Spirit and the warmness of the members they felt. We are teaching her parents in their home tonight! At the baptism the only feeling that could be felt was that of joy. I will never forget that. She was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and received the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost the next day by the laying on of hands. The Spirit seemed to be flowing in ever direction possible (from the ground, up above, inside of me, between members of the circle and even from her head!) as the blessing was given. The Holy Ghost could be felt as it descended upon her. It was so touching. Today she even texted us today that she had a very powerful experience as she was reading President Russell M. Nelson's talk and said she "definitely have felt the companionship of the Holy Ghost this morning". She is making tons of friends and is like a celebrity in our ward. It is so amazing to see someone grow so drastically in their love towards God in such a short amount of time. We are now working on getting her to the temple! Honestly, Sunday was the most joy I think I've ever felt in my life, and I know it all came because of Jesus Christ and what He has done in my life and the lives of others!​

We are still teaching Danielle M.and all of her 5 kids! The whole family, including the dad, Scott, came to church on Sunday! They are so awesome and loved church. She is going to be baptized in about 2 weeks and her kids in a month. Such good things are happening!

Mini-Zone wearing T-Shirts Elder Jackson designed.


We had ward conference this week and it was an honor to have the stake leaders, including the Stake Presidency there this Sunday. The theme was from Matthew 13: the parable of the sower. President Jergensen talked about how he saw a huge magnolia tree fall on a house recently due to the copious amounts of rain and the strong winds. He said it really doesn't matter how big our tree of faith and testimony is, it can always fall if we are not constantly -daily- strengthening our roots and nourishing ourselves the devil will send storms into our lives that will eventually topple us. It coincided perfectly with what I was studying in the book of Alma about the people of Ammonihah who fell into apostasy bit by bit and eventually were so far removed from the Lord that they killed the saints and even tried to kill the prophets. They boasted that their city could not be destroyed, yet even in all it's greatness, it was left desolate and lifeless. We may think we are great, but the only true power comes from the Lord and unless we are constantly receiving it we will fall, just like that giant magnolia tree, and who knows what damage our fall may cause. I pray we all can daily nourish our roots and be like the 4 type of soil that the Sower sowed His seeds upon. Let us take root and bring forth fruit to our Lord!

We had President Mullen come out with us and it was the most fun thing ever! We taught Danielle's family and it was super spiritual. They have a young boy who loves to do the Dab dance, and so President Mullen did it with him! It was the funniest thing of my life. I love President like a father and I am so glad that he is my mission president. We also taught the Turners and Mickelson's with him and they loved the missionary challenge we extended to them!


We had transfers this weekend and I am so beyond happy! I am staying here for a 3rd transfer with Elder Drebot! That will make 6 months here in the Jurupa ward and 1 year in this stake! I love it. I would be so happy if I could stay here for the rest of my mission! It is really sad though, all of the Sisters I started my mission with are now home and so is Elder Zeng and Elder Cornia (two of my best homies). I feel like this last 6 months I won't know anyone! 

Also, that whole flying bit doesn't sound fun. I'm glad that I'll be flying home during August when it's usually hot and dry with no weather. I think this is the longest I've ever gone in my life without being on an airplane, isn't that crazy! I'm so glad that you made it to the ground safely though.

I love you so much! Have the best week ever!

Love,

Your Elder Jackson :)


No comments:

Post a Comment