Monday, March 27, 2017

Temple-Going Converts! Yes!





This week was another great one! We were elated to hear the news that Jayce M. can be baptized with the rest of his family this Sunday (Jorde, Jakob and Camberlynn). That family is so special and is such a wonderful addition to the Lord's church. We are so thankful to have been able to have been trusted sufficiently by the Lord to teach these wonderful children of His. Danielle was confirmed this past Sunday and said that she felt chills completely overcome her as we had our hands laid upon her head and the blessing by Elder Drebot was being pronounced. I love confirmations; they are the best!

Also, we are hoping to have both Andrew Cruz and Danielle go to the temple this week! They have both received their recommends. It is so exciting!

We were able to find some very prepared people. Elder Drebot and I set a goal to have 3 baptisms in April and we had no one on date for April so we knew that we needed to do all in our power to be worthy of that blessing and then we needed to plead with the Lord that He would provide us with miracles to accomplish our goals. One that is worth mentioning was that we prayed very hard, and even fasted, for referrals to be given to us. That same day we received a media referral and also other missionaries who had previously served here told us to stop by previous investigators. We had members tell us to stop by people, such as less-active members and part-member families. It was such a blessing. The Lord does hear our prayers and is so merciful unto us!


As I was doing my personal study I was reading in Alma where the Anti-Nephi-Lehies decide that they would rather die than shed the blood of their brethren in self-defense because of the mighty repentance they had undergone. I was deeply touched by that. Do I have such thanks for the agony that my Savior went through in paying for my sins that I would rather die myself than re-commit those sins, even if many would say they were totally justified? That is truly being changed by the Holy Ghost and having no desire to sin. That is why Christ payed for our sins. When we justify ourselves in committing sins, especially after we have repented, we are openly mocking the Atonement of Christ. I don't want to ever do that. I want to have the commitment to the Lord that I would rather die than return to my own sinful tendencies.



I felt that this week I also came to appreciate the type of life Christ lived as I pondered what His ministry was like. He really can succor us in all things because He has experienced them. I'm thankful for that.

That is way cool about your experience with Music and the Spoken Word. I agree. I think it is way important to use the talents we've been blessed with. I think you are doing a good job of that. I think that is why I am dead-set on doing design as a career because I will be able to grow my talents and hopefully bless others' lives in so doing as well! I think you've done an excellent job of that as well!

I don't know if this is super gross to share with you or kind of cool but last week I got I really big blister (about the size of a penny) on my foot from playing Ultimate Frisbee for a few hours on Pday. It's healing up well but it is currently in the shape of a heart! So we know that in all of our pain, we can see the Lord's love :) haha

Wow! That is crazy that you were so close to us when you came down! I'm glad you didn't tell me. But I am glad that you were able to have fun and spoil Jesse and Julie. They are good kids. You sure do bless a lot of people's lives. I think you've had a far-reaching impact positively of people. I'm proud to call you my momma :)

How did the kids like Disneyland? The water park sounds like a blast! I think when I come back to visit I will want to go all of the attractions that everyone here is talking about (like the theme parks, LA, beach, etc.) since I've spent almost 2 years hearing about it but never getting to go.

How are the Smithsons doing? I really like that family. I hope they are doing well. Corey gets home just a little while after me, I think? How's his mission? Is Wesley married? I've met quite a few people throughout my mission that know the Smithsons! Tell them I say Hi!

 You are the bestest mom ever! I love you to bunches! Have the best week ever! Enjoy conference and I will send you all the pictures of the kids getting baptized next week!

Love you!!!

Your Elder Jackson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment