Thursday, July 13, 2017

We got be Marshalls in the Independence Day Parade! It was a blast!


I'm glad that Winnemucca hasn't burned down yet! Hopefully it doesn't! I see the smoke from fires here every few days. It is crazy how it went from looking like Scotland here a few months ago to being 111 degrees and bone-dry with fires all over. Fortunately all of them are pretty small and seem to be under control quite quickly. Stay safe up there!


I have really had a great week this week. We were able to have a lot of success and had 3 people at church as well as finding some awesome new people to teach.  I am amazed at how well Satan can counterfeit the works of the Lord. But it really is just as Moses describes when he asks where his glory is. Satan can't replicate the peace that comes from the Spirit no matter how much he tries.  I was reading this morning in Alma 56:39-40 where the stripling warriors are being pursued in a straight line. The Lamanites were pursuing them and not leaving their course because they were set on destroying and the Nephites were going straight so they would not be destroyed. When we stay on the strait and narrow we will be able to avoid the darts of Satan who is chasing after us with a desire to destroy us. That is what I am doing. I want to do my best to be obedient in all so that I have no deviations in my course that would allow Satan to catch up to me.

We were ushers at a car show for a "car club" which felt like the 4-wheel version of the Hell's Angels!





I love you tons! Have the best week ever!

Love,

Your Elder Jackson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment