Monday, December 14, 2015

Feeling the Spirit

14 December 2015

I am truly sorry to hear about Linda Loveridge. That is so sad, especially for Dale. He is such a nice man and I hope he doesn't feel too lonely. It's good that he has a lot of family close by though that he can be around in this hard time. 

Tell Marielena hi for me! As well as Bishop Wadsworth. I love them both. They are such great people.  

I hope you start having better luck with your computer! That is so rotten. I guess Macs really are just better eh? 
ha ha That's what the mission presidency uses. Yes, Elder Puskas is our Vehicle Coordinator so whenever we have a problem with our car we give him a call. He is one of my favorite people out here on my mission that I have had the pleasure of meeting. He is just a super happy guy and hilarious. I'll be sad when he and his wife go back home in March. 

Elder Andrus and Elder Jackson playing with Legos!
I got your host of packages this week! Thank you so much! Elder Andrus really liked it as well! Our little apartment looks so festive and we are loving all of the Legos. I swear if people saw us at home they would think that we were just children. He really appreciates the stocking and gift, as do I. Did you mean to send us the present for Kelton too? Because one says Elder Robbins on it. But yes, you really outdid yourself this time. I hope you're not disappointed with what I got you! I don't really have money so I had to be creative! 

Will you be with Bryce and Stacy for Christmas? I think that face-timing will work best. Should I call in the morning or afternoon? I will either be at the Munyers' or Anderson's house depending on the time. I get 40 minutes. Should I call Bryce and Stacy as well?

This week was so fantastic! Elder Andrus and I had our first baptism! It was so cool. That was my first one so far on my mission and it was such a different feeling than those that I had attended before my mission. The Spirit was so strong there and I don't think I could possibly feel the Spirit that strongly outside of a Sacrament meeting or the temple, but I did. It was awesome to feel the love of the Lord as He smiled down upon that dear Sister who was making a sacred covenant with Him to follow Him more fully for the rest of her life. She really was one of the most prepared people for baptism I have ever met in my entire life. She is one of those stories that you read about in the Ensign! It was just amazing how she really was kept from the truth only because she "[knew] not where to find it." Everything from being referred to her to her baptism was a miracle and I am so grateful that the Lord allowed us to be the ones to witness His life-changing power in someone's life first-hand. It was so motivating! I love serving a mission and I love seeing miracles unfold as we do the Lord's work His way because He will labor in the vineyard right beside us (Jacob 5).
Ready for a Dunking!
So there is a member of my ward, who is actually the one in the picture who is from Winnemucca! He lived there for a while and has a daughter that lives there and is in the 2nd ward. He is going to be in Winnemucca for Christmas (Dec. 19-28) and I asked him if he could stop by and give you my gifts instead of me mailing them and he said yes. I gave him your address and phone number so he will probably be in contact. He is a very nice man. He is in the high priest group leadership. I think you'll really like him. He and I get along great so I hope you do as well! So I thought I'd just give you a heads up to that so don't be surprised if you see a call from a 951 number! And I hope you like my gifts! 

Oh PS: If you see that little pocket Spanish book or that 500 things to draw book in my stuff, I wouldn't mind having you send that to me, but no rush on that! 

Love,

Your Elder Jackson









No comments:

Post a Comment