Monday, December 28, 2015

"Reign" of Elders Jackson And Andrus Comes to a Close!

28 December 2015

Hello! Just wanted to drop a quick hello to you!

We had a great week this week. It is sad but the "reign" of Elders Jackson and Andrus is over. I will now be with Elder Cornia who will be coming here and Elder Andrus will be heading down to Hemet/San Jacinto to be a Zone Leader with Elder Gigere. He is a fantastic missionary and I am so grateful that I was able to have him as my companion. He has taught me so much about patience and charity. I am super excited for him to be going to San Jacinto to be a Zone Leader. I know he will do a great job. I am thankful for the kind spirit he has and the simply pure heart that is in him. There is not a mean bone in his body and he really does just want to 
please his Father in Heaven.

Can you spot it?
It was so great to be able to celebrate Christmas as a missionary. It is so much more meaningful when you don't have to focus on presents or shopping, but instead solely the Savior. It is so much more poignant to always be reminded of why we celebrate this time of year and what His mortal journey and sacrifice means to all of us. This year, especially in reading the New Testament, I have come to learn a lot more about Christ and the Man He was. I feel like I know Him so much more and can feel His love for me so much stronger. He really does care about each one of us and our individual triumphs and setbacks. He is such a kind and forgiving and loving God. The fact that He weeps and rejoices over me and you and all of us is such a powerful thing to know; it is so meaningful to me.

My host family, the Stevens, stuck with me till next transfer!


No comments:

Post a Comment