Thursday, December 3, 2015

P- Day, Soccer Day Minus the Boot!



Do you like lemon in your water? This is a lemon someone gave us when we were walking around!
 It's bigger than a grapefruit!

P-Day Soccer




So it sounds like you have had a crazy week filled with frustrating computer stuff! I am sorry to hear that! That sounds awful! But I am glad you are figuring everything out and didn't lose any files. Thank you for backing up my stuff, and yes, I will most definitely be deleting a lot of my music when I get back. I have come to realize that so much of that filth does so much harm to our spirits without us even noticing. I really appreciate you backing up my files and preparing my music as well. That takes a big stress off my mind.


I think gift cards are great! We only have about $30 a week to live on so every little bit helps out a ton! I personally have loved that Subway gift card and just finished it last week, but I know a lot of missionaries love Taco Bell (they call me the Hippy Missionary since I eat really healthily haha)

Ooooh a box eh? That is awesome! I am super excited for that! I am putting together some stuff to send you as well!

I will be staying at  both the_____ and ______ house for Christmas day so I am sure I can either Skype or Facetime you from either place. I will let you know more when I do! We do not have ipads but may get them in January if the Quorum of the Twelve decides to send them to our mission (they decide every few months specifically which missions they are going to roll them out to, and the next decision is in January some time). But yes, we email at the local library and all the missionaries I know are super obedient and I've never seen them do anything that would be cause for reproach!

So big big big news! My mission go extended! I will be serving an extra week! The MTC has decided to make all English missionaries be there for 3 weeks instead of 2 so our schedule has been shifted back a week and will cause us to all serve an extra week! So I will be coming home August 15, 2017 instead of the 8th.

We had another great week this week. It was a little slow what with Thanksgiving being this week, but it was very good nonetheless. We  were able to past our heart's content and had some of the best food I have ever had in my life (still not as good as Mom's though). Thank goodness for exercise because without it I don't know if my pants would be fitting this week! (I heard that the average Thanksgiving dinner is 9,000-14,000 calories! And we had three!)

I have been trying to constantly improve my appreciation for the Sabbath and the Sacrament, and this week was a highlight! I loved reading John 5 about the nature of Christ's mission and how He follows the will of the Father. I thought it was really cool to read the emphasis Jesus put on being a separate Being from His Father (especially in v. 32). This tied in well to an amazingly spiritual Sacrament service where President Jergensen blessed his newly-sealed baby with all of his family there and a great talk by a Sister in the ward on the importance of being converted. We need to make sure our conversion rests on our faith of the Savior and His Atonement rather than just the Church or its programs. If we truly prepare, like in the parable of the 10 virgins, we can rest easy knowing that our lamps will have enough oil to last through the long night and we can be prepared when the Bridegroom comes! I thought it was just so great how as I focused my study on the Savior this past week, it came together with my desire to enjoy the Sabbath more and I was able to grow my relationship with Him so much. I could feel His presence so much more abundantly in my life and it was an indescribably wondrous feeling!

I hope all is well with you! I hope you know I love you greatly and am so grateful to have parents as good as you two! I think about you every day and love you so much!

Stay the bestest!

Your Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment