Monday, June 6, 2016

Learning About Christ-like Love

Thank you for your encouragement! I appreciate it! 

It was so fun to meet Studio C! I am still giddy about it! They were so kind and had great spirits. They enjoyed our performance as well! Someone filmed it, but it didn't get sent to us :( We should have done an Arnold skit! That would've been so fun!

More pictures from the Memorial Day Luau!

                                     


I had never thought about that before, but that is true! We really are doing a lot more good than we probably think in trying to correct the evil shift the world is making. Kinda makes me feel like 3rd Nephi! That is cool!

 I know that there are people here to baptize, and as I work diligently and faithfully, I can baptize them. I had a very powerful experience recently that confirmed to me that there are people who need to hear the gospel from my lips, and the Spirit will testify of its truthfulness.  I am grateful for the amount of time we have to improve ourselves, both on a mission and here in this life. I am grateful that the Lord is forgiving and that we have the Atonement to help us as we stumble. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost and the wonderful joy it brings to me. I am thankful that I can feel the Spirit and be made better by it. I am grateful a fantastic companion who is easy to love and is quick to forgive. He is doing very well and has a strong love for others and the Lord. He can also dance better than any other missionary I've seen. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be his companion and to learn from him, and am grateful that I have more time to continue to learn from him! I'm excited to have a fresh week to improve!

We had crossfit today with the whole northern half of the mission and it was so fun! We got all sweaty and I got to see lots of old friends who are soon leaving and  others who have been transferred. It was so great! I love the friends I've made out here.

(NOTE: Elder Jackson's grandmother has Alzheirmer's)
Wow! Talk about diligence! You are diligent in your love and care for your mom! That would tough to be so kind while someone is yelling at you and saying how terrible you are when you are going through all you are doing for them in the first place. That is quite a large amount of love. I am sure that is how Christ felt. He was paying for the sins and sorrows of the very soldiers who pierced his hands and mocked Him. Whenever we fall or reach out, no matter how we ourselves push Him away, He will still stand there, in all of His glory, with His loving arm outstretched towards us. Just like your mom will one day run to you with tears of joy, hug you, and shower you with shouts of gratitude for all that you have done for her, you and I too will run to the feet of Christ and do likewise.

Thank you for all your love and support! I feel it. I pray for you as well! You are the best! 
Love you so so much!

Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment