Monday, August 15, 2016

Unforgettable Week Full of Grace

    This week is one that I will probably remember for the rest of my life! It was one were grace was so obviously present in my life that I fear I'd be struck down if I said anything otherwise. First off, we had a very spiritual MLC (Mission Leadership Council, or Pretend Power Council as we call it haha) and I learned so much about how I can improve my studies, planning and how my faith can grow. The Spirit is always very sweet in that meeting. It was exactly what I had been wanting to improve on and wondering how I could improve. We also had a great exchange this week in which I learned a lot. We had a missionary with us this week named Jorge and it was great to feel of his desire to work and to hear his story of how much the Lord had helped and changed him. But the most amazing part of the week was how much we were able to get done in such a short amount of time. We had worked hard and had not seen much success by the time Friday had rolled around, yet we were determined that we were going to do all in our power to strive to achieve the standard of excellence. All day Saturday and Sunday, we kept our faith super strong that the Lord would provide a way, and we were some how able to teach 8 member present lessons and have 5 people come to church, with two of them progressing and keeping their commitments. Elder Gulbranson and I have been determined that we will do all we can to baptize here in Lasselle and it has been amazing how the Lord really has allowed us to do way more than we could on our own. We did more than was possible by ourselves. The Lord definitely provided us with strength that was not our own. 


Rayli came to church after having major jaw reconstructive surgery and loved it. We were unable to meet with her due to her pain from the surgery, but we will be putting her on date for baptism this week and she will be well on her way to making covenants to follow Jesus Christ. Crystel is practically already a member. She participates in Relief Society and Gospel Principles as if she's been there her whole life. Everyone has done a great job at reaching out and getting to know her. Hila's first time at church was great! He made a ton of friends and felt the Spirit immensely. He said that he felt the talks were directly for him. He is basically planning his whole baptismal service as well and has already invited his whole family and some of his friends. My good buddy Andrew is getting baptized this week. He is super dope. He will be a solid, life long member. We are going to the mall with him after this and eat lunch with him all the time. We also found a kid named Edgar when I was on exchanges in the Jurupa Stake and taught him. When I was there this past week, he was progressing well and will be baptized in a few weeks! I got to teach him the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom as well. The work is no doubt progressing here, and the Lord's hand is apparent in Moreno Valley.

Here are some pics of our zone with our suit coats on inside out :)

I heard about the meteor shower and it sounded really cool! I heard that it was really amazing. I heard the US is tearing it up at the Olympics and that the US Swim team got jumped at gun point and that the South is flooded! I am pretty bummed I am missing it but I can watch it when I get home. I heard that Phelps is done after this year?


So as of right now, I will be coming home Tuesday 8 August 2016, but with the change in how long missionaries are in the MTC, I may be coming home Tuesday 15 August 2016. I am not sure when I will know which exact date, but I am hoping for the 8th. Unfortunately there was no tie or shirt burning. It's outlawed here. :( I was actually on exchanges with some Elders in the Jurupa Stake (where my greenie area was) on my year mark. It's all downhill from here! Not trying to sound trunky when I say this, but I feel so relieved. As much as I love my mission, I finally don't feel like I'll be spending eternity wearing slacks and waking up at 6:30 AM. But I am really loving it, trust me! 
  

I am for sure getting tired of all of this political debating. We have our dinner appointments trying to pry out of us whom we are voting for, and then telling us all the reasons why Trump is amazing and Hilary sucks, or vice versa. It gets really annoying and uncomfortable. Oh well. I feel completely in the dark on it.


That is crazy about the flights. I am glad you got home OK though. And Rob too. 

I'm glad you enjoyed the letter. Keep on preparing your soil so that the Lord can cultivate great things with in you! And yes, I feel like I've been able to learn how to handle people who are mean to me or oppose the church in a much more Christlike manner, especially recently. It is hard though. I in some way know how the Lord feels when He laments about how hard-hearted we can be.

I love you so so much! Thank you for all that you do! I can't wait to give you a big ol' hug in a year's time! You and dad are the best parents in the world. Have a great week!

Love,

Your Elder Jackson 

No comments:

Post a Comment